Jag har ännu inte hunnit ta mig an deras senaste alster The Winter of Mixed Drinks (släpptes 1:a mars).
Texterna är guldkorn för oss som är svaga för meningar med djup.
Mina favoritlåtar är nog: Keep Yourself Warm, The Twist samt fantastiska The Modern Leper.
The Twist bjuder på följande ord-erotik "Let’s pretend I’m attractive, and then you won’t mind to come twist for a while. It’s the night, I can be who you like, and I’ll quietly leave before it gets light”
The Twist bjuder på följande ord-erotik "Let’s pretend I’m attractive, and then you won’t mind to come twist for a while. It’s the night, I can be who you like, and I’ll quietly leave before it gets light”
samt “So twist and whisper the wrong name, I don’t care and nor do my ears/ And twist yourself around me, I need company, I need human heat.”"
The Modern Leper är snäppet vassare, men träffar mig också lite extra eftersom jag kan relatera den till en person jag haft min egen berg-och-dalbana med;
Skivan hittar du här:
The Modern Leper är snäppet vassare, men träffar mig också lite extra eftersom jag kan relatera den till en person jag haft min egen berg-och-dalbana med;
Vitally he doesn't miss them-
He's too fucked up to care
Well, is that you in front of me?
Coming back for even more of exactly the same
You must be a masochist to love a modern leper
On his last leg
Well, I crippled your heart a hundred times
And still can't work out why
You see, I've got this disease I can't shake
And I'm just rattling through life
Well, this is how we do things now
Yeah, this is how the modern stay scared
So I cut out all the good stuff
Yeah, I cut off my foot to spite my leg
Well, is that you in front of me?
Coming back for even more of exactly the same
You must be a masochist to love a modern leper
Skivan hittar du här:
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar